OUR RECOMMENDED SAFARI PACKING
GENERAL SAFARI PACKING
- Bright summer clothes for safari tour (Strong colours can attract unwanted attention from flies found in certain areas of the parks). Laundry is cheap and available, so do not pack much in terms of clothes.
- Fuller clothes for evenings at the hotel and lodge, such as long pants and long-sleeved shirts to protect you against mosquitoes after sunset and, if necessary, against the sun.
- A jacket/sweater, as it can be cool in the early morning and evening
Summer Footwear (e.g. sports shoes and cotton socks). Avoid walking on bare feet and or leaving your legs naked at night due to mosquitoes.
- Power adapter with 3-4 sockets – this enables a shaver, trimmer, electric toothbrush and any batteries to be charged via a single adapter.
- Small flashlight and extra batteries
- Hat that shields against the sun
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and lip balm
- A mosquito/insect repellent for example
- Nail clippers and file
- Personal medicine and toiletries
- Extra batteries for camera, recorder
ITEMS TO PACK IN YOUR HAND LUGGAGE
- Passports, money, tickets
- Medication you use at home (always in your hand luggage, just in case you lose your suitcase!)
- Hand Medicine: analgesic, allergy pills, remedy for diarrhea (maybe Imodium), malaria pills, plasters and disinfectant wipes
- Binoculars (so you get to see the leopard way out there in the tree!)
- Camera and memory cards more than you expect to use, including battery charger and a bag to protect the camera from Africa’s fine, red dust.
- Shoulder bag with sturdy strap and zip. A money belt or good inside pockets that can be zipped up
- A few photocopies of all personal documents such as passports, visas, flights, travel insurance, vaccination card, international debit cards, (Master Card, Visa credit cards etc.) driving license
- Telephone list for immediate blocking of lost debit card and insurance
- Mail addresses of those you wish to send postcards or send messages too.
- Notebook and pens
- A good book or something to keep you entertained
Choose Nova Afrika Safaris for the ultimate safari holiday